Phase 2 June 19 2020: COVID-19 Update
As we enter Phase 2 in Ontario, we will continue to serve our pet communities. We will be maintaining our current health and safety measures within the hospital. We kindly ask that you refer to our previous COVID-19 updates on our website if you are unsure of our procedures. Our staff will continue to screen over the phone. We will also continue accommodating via appointment only. Emergencies and urgent care visits will continue alongside all other appointments. We are available for any and all medical concerns your pets have. Your continued cooperation throughout this next phase will allow us to continue to successfully serve you and your pets with the highest standard of care.
We thank you for trusting us with your pets’ care throughout these challenging times. The safety of our clients and staff will continue to remain a priority as we continue forward.
– The Beattie Team
- Wearing a mask before entering the clinic is mandatory. This includes any type of cloth mask and/or face covering.
- Please sanitize your hands thoroughly upon arrival.
- Only clients & patients with appointments will be able to enter the clinic, please call us or visit our website online to book an appointment (online appointment requests will be responded to within 24 hours). Emergency and urgent care services will all continue, we kindly request that you call as soon as possible prior to arrival.
- Only bring what is necessary to your appointment and leave extra belongings in the car or at home.
- No food or drinks
- There will be a screening process over the phone prior to your appointment. We will continue to provide instructions related to your appointment and arrival.
- We kindly ask that you maintain a distance of 6 feet from other clients and staff as consistently as possible.
- Our staff will continue to follow strict health and safety measures in place.
- Please use the bathroom before you arrive for your appointment.
- All rooms are being carefully disinfected after each appointment including emergency visits, this may cause some delay. We appreciate your patience during any wait time caused by this. If we don’t have a clean exam room available please be prepared to wait outside or in your vehicle.
- If you wish to purchase retail products, please call in advance for our staff to have it ready for pick up/curbside delivery OR order online via myvetstore.ca/beattie. Payments will be accepted over the phone.
May 25 2020: Important COVID-19 Update for Clients
Following the Government of Ontario’s Phase 1 Re-Opening announcement on Thursday May 14 2020, ALL veterinary services and pet grooming can resume as of Tuesday, May 19th.
Appointments for all services previously considered non-essential will be open then. We will resume boarding at our Brantford and Burlington locations simultaneously.
We understand that everyone is looking to visit us with their pets. We strongly urge clients to use personal discretion of their own health when visiting us. In regards to calling for appointments within the next few days, especially around the long weekend, we would greatly appreciate your continued patience. We will be continuing forward with rigorous health and safety protocols inside our hospital during Phase 1. We encourage clients to continue wearing face coverings when visiting, as recommended by the Government of Ontario. Please continue to follow any health/safety instructions provided by our team.
We look forward to serving all clients and patients in the coming time.
We will continue to provide further updates in the coming days.
Thank You for your continued support. – The Beattie Team
April 06 2020: Important COVID-19 Update for Clients
This information is accurate as of April 03, 2020 from the Government of Ontario.
Veterinary services are still considered an essential service based on today’s update from the Government of Ontario.
We will continue seeing the following urgent and essential appointments:
Pet immunizations and prevention treatments that are due or close to being due in the month of April
Any conditions that are causing distress to pets and cannot be medically managed at home and must be seen by a veterinarian
Any chronic conditions that can cause further harm to a pet’s health if they do not receive medical attention
Our current retail food product orders and pickup policies that have been implemented in our COVID-19 safety guidelines will remain in effect. Please refer to our previous updates. Should you have any further questions or concerns do not hesitate to call or email our customer service team.
We are maintaining all current health and safety procedures inside the hospital.
We will continue forward, remaining cautious and serving the essential needs of YOU, our clients.
We are also remaining vigilant of all updates coming from our associations and the government.
Thank You for your cooperation during these unprecedented times.
We wish your families and pets the utmost health and safety.
The Beattie Team
March 24 2020 – COVID-19 Update
1. We are seeing appointments that are urgent or essential to be seen.
2. Please continue to call in to order any supplies such as prescriptions or food, we will be taking payment over the phone and will meet you for curbside pickup OR use our online store to deliver directly to your home (See Shop Now Link on Homepage)
3. Due to the ongoing COVID-19 outbreak, we have implemented several changes within our hospital for the safety of our clients, our patients, and our staff.
We remain committed to staying open and providing necessary medical care to all of our patients. Please advise us if:
- You have traveled outside Canada in the past 14 days
- You have experienced any fever, cough, difficulty breathing, muscle aches, or fatigue
- You have been in contact with anyone who is in self-quarantine or who has tested positive for COVID-19
- You are experiencing any flu like symptoms
Our Staff is kindly asking the following to clients over the phone:
- If you have traveled outside of the country in the last two weeks or are experiencing any flu-like symptoms and your pet doesn’t require immediate medical attention, call us and we will guide you appropriately to seek care for your pet.
- If you have any of the above risk factors and have an upcoming non-urgent appointment, we ask that you call us to reschedule.
We understand this inconvenience and we thank you for your patience and cooperation during this challenging time.